Clark had a week of vacation this past week, so we took a quick two-night trip to Vermont at a little bed and breakfast. It was a nice get away, but I realized something on this trip...having a kid is difficult and trips just aren't the same. This was seriously the first time I thought, oh how I wish it was just Clark and I. It was tough entertaining him all day in a house he couldn't touch things in, and sleeping was a catastrophe. Each night he would be up for at least 2 hours, crawling around, climbing on us, vrooming/beeping/jabbering, you name it.
Clark went skiing on one of the days, I think he had a good time. We attempted sledding. I had a great laugh and Connor hated it :) There was only ice outside, so you flew down the hill.
I wanted this trip to be a magical, snowy vacation. Ya, it wasn't that. It was definitely cold, but it wasn't snowing. Just pure ice outside.
The bed and breakfast was a cute place. There was a fireplace on every night, that was nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment