Friday, October 18, 2013

New Couches!

I was done with the handme down couches. I appreciate that my in-laws let us have them when we got married, and they served us well for 3 years, but I was done. They were old and so uncomfortable, they needed to go. I started researching to see the cost of new ones. Then I was sad, furniture is expensive. The next day I got a call from a few people in our church that they needed some babysitting work and they would pay me. I thought, well perfect, I'll work to pay for them....but that was going to take me at least 6 months. I talked to Clark and he said, "if it makes you happy, then fine." :)
I drove/walked to every furniture in the lovely Lawrence are.a There are a lot of places. I probably went to at least 6 stores and that wasn't all of them. Some of them were WAY expensive and others were an interesting story to say the least. I went to one furniture store and ended up talking to the sales guy for 45 minutes about his family in Puerto Rico, his 2 kids and his divorced wife. He just talked my ear off and I just sat there, on a couch, I didn't like. It was kind of awkward. Moral of the story, enjoy my child and love my husband. Check!
Out with the old....

and in with the new. It makes me so happy. There's a matching love seat to go with this one. Now I just have to babysit for the next 6 months and I'll feel better about spending so much money.

No comments:

Post a Comment