Tuesday, October 29, 2013

General Conference

As part of being a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints, we get the opportunity every 6 months to hear from a prophet of God and his chosen leaders. If anybody is interested, here's a link to listen to the talks. It's a 2 day long event, 10 hours of goodness. The talks rang from 10-20 minutes long and vary in topic. Mostly they are uplifting and inspiring and make you want to be a better person. Here are my thoughts....
1) There are a lot of good people out there, seriously. I listen to all the stories of people from around the world and the good they do. I think, wow, look at what these people are doing and man, I am really blessed.
2) I need to re-focus and regain a testimony of the church. I've been going on autopilot for awhile now. I can't use the excuse of "I just had a kid, I'm exhausted" anymore.
3) "doubt your doubts, before you doubt your faith."
"Christ's love never changes. … It is there for you when you are sad or happy, discouraged or hopeful. God’s love is there for you whether or not you feel you deserve [it]. It is simply always there."
"Though we may feel we are “like a broken vessel,” as the Psalmist says, we must remember, that vessel is in the hands of the divine potter. Broken minds can be healed just the way broken bones and broken hearts are healed."



No comments:

Post a Comment