Here is my new lists of hates about Chicago right now.
1) Gas cost me $4.33 yesterday. Yikes! And that's after driving around for 20 minutes trying to find cheaper
2) I still have to debate if I should wear my winter coat or not before leaving the house
3) Crazies on the trains...seriously people have got issues and are so rude
4) It takes 30 minutes to get anywhere
5) People think they can save spots on the street by putting chairs out (come here during the winter and you will understand what I'm saying)
Here is my list of loves about Chicago to help with the pains.
1) If I am in the mood to go out, there is always something going on to entertain me
2) Watching movies/shows that are filmed in Chicago and I know exactly where it was filmed (current Chicago loves are "Chicago code" and we just saw "source code")
3) Being stuck in traffic in the morning and looking to my left and seeing the lake with the sun rising
4) The church -- there is so much diversity and people of all backgrounds here that it makes church enjoyable to go to and puts perspective on how I grew up and how blessed I am
5) I'm married to an amazing man that works so hard at school and loves me (helps with a lot of pains actually, not just my intermittent hate for Chicago)
People in South Philly do the chairs thing too. So funny, but they don't only use chairs apparently any random piece of crap can be used to hold your parking spot. So funny.
ReplyDeleteI have never even lived there, but that's where Tim is from and I would like to add to your hate list the cost to park your car anywhere downtown and all the toll roads. Sheesh! Bunch of crooks. :)
ReplyDelete