I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am actually reading the books. Everyone has been talking about them for months now and I just figured this was another "twilight" thing and wouldn't get involved. I hate reading anyways and jumping on these popular book reads had never been of interest to me. But I was at friends house a few weeks back and the book was sitting on her shelf. I started thumbing through it and she asked if I had read it. I of course give my little shpeal about how I don't read and I definitily don't want to read a book about children killing eachother. After some convincing, she just says borrow and see if you like it. Well turned out I had a lot of free time at work and started reading it. I finished it in 3 days...seriously I couldn't believe it. I got my co-worker hooked on it as well. We have given all the people we work with names from the book, it is rather silly. We call this one girl "foxface" and she just laughs at us and is so confused. She finished the second book on Friday and gave it to me to borrow. I'm so excited to see what happens to Katniss!Sunday, April 17, 2011
Hunger Games
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am actually reading the books. Everyone has been talking about them for months now and I just figured this was another "twilight" thing and wouldn't get involved. I hate reading anyways and jumping on these popular book reads had never been of interest to me. But I was at friends house a few weeks back and the book was sitting on her shelf. I started thumbing through it and she asked if I had read it. I of course give my little shpeal about how I don't read and I definitily don't want to read a book about children killing eachother. After some convincing, she just says borrow and see if you like it. Well turned out I had a lot of free time at work and started reading it. I finished it in 3 days...seriously I couldn't believe it. I got my co-worker hooked on it as well. We have given all the people we work with names from the book, it is rather silly. We call this one girl "foxface" and she just laughs at us and is so confused. She finished the second book on Friday and gave it to me to borrow. I'm so excited to see what happens to Katniss!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's about time! I freakin LOVED those books when I read them. It's been over six months since I finished the last one but I was obsessed when I was into them. I made Amy read them with me and even go to the opening release party. Yes, we are still freaks. I hope you're doing well in Chicago. I want to go back and actually SEE you this time.
ReplyDeleteGood for you, Shelly!!! Find somnething you like and you might become a "reader" after all! Remember when Shannon was reading these at the Family Reunion? But reading at work???? Yikes! Love you!
ReplyDeleteah, hooray for you! Yeah, now I got you and Mom hooked :) Supposedly they are making a movie out of them....not sure how you would do that without it being rated R :)
ReplyDeleteI love these books too! I quit telling people what they are about though because there is no good way to descibe it without saying children killing children - it's so true. The movies should be interesting.
ReplyDeletewow shell-bell i'm so impressed with you right now. 2nd book was the best!
ReplyDelete