have to do everything, we would be back.
First stop was Central Park and having a picnic on a huge rock. It was SO HUMID :(
I was sitting at work the week before we were leaving and was talking about the trip with co-workers. One girl suggested I should check out to see if we could attend any talk shows. I quickly started searching and the only think available was the Late Show with David Letterman. I submitted a ticket request on-line and figured nothing would come out of it. The day we arrived in Rochester I got a mysterious phone call and it happened to be the Letterman Show. In order for me to get the tickets though, I had to answer a trivia questions. (great I NEVER watch the show, please 11pm...I am SOOO asleep by than). I put the phone on speaker so maybe those in the room could help me answer the question. The girl firmly said, "Take me off speaker phone. This question is only for you, no one else." Wow, hostile. I of course got the question wrong, but she was "nice" enough to have Clark try. He got the question right and tickets were put on hold for us.
When we arrived at the theater, we waited in a long ol line to get in. Turns out, we looked like friendly/happy people of the demographic they wanted and we got special seats to be in the front rows. We were told we had to be extra smiley, extra loud, and laugh at any and everything Dave said. Clark and I did our best to laugh at jokes we didn't think were funny at all and smiled extra big. But the girl next to me, was OUT OF CONTROL. Her laugh was sooo annoying and honestly I don't even think she was listening to anything that was going on because she laughed in the most awkward / silent times. At one point, the whole crowd was laughing. I heard the girl behind me lean over to her husband and say, "what did he say, what was so funny." In which he replied, "I have NO IDEA." I almost died laughing. I guess us front row people took our jobs seriously.
We were blessed to be able to stay with one of Clark's best friends from high school and his wife in Queens. She made a cake for Clark's bday
Downtown NYC was crazy! But super fun to actually see it.
We of course had to go to a Broadway play. We had decided before we were going to see Lion King. And I don't know what I was thinking, but everyone convinced me to just get 1/2 price tickets the day of. Please -- Lion King was so awesome they didn't have 1/2 price tickets and the only tickets left were $150+. Yeah, not quit in our price range :) We decided to go to Memphis, which turned out to be good. The singing was great. Fun story
Seeing the Statue of Liberty was definitely on my list of must dos. The weather was terrible and raining, but oh well.
On the little boat cruise to the island. I loved it! Actually seeing the statue in life, is way different than just pictures. Incredible really
Sweet picture of Clark and the city.
Of course you couldn't be in a big city without running into a few crazies. I hope he gets a lot of money for those cans because boy were people driving in the streets very angry with him.
We stopped by the sight of 9/11. Brought back a lot of memories of where I was when it happened. Actually seeing the names of the firefighters alone that risked their lifes to try and save people. Humbling. Why can't we all just get along :)
Although Clark and I absolutley HATE the NY Yankees, we wanted to go to a game for historical reasons. They happened to be playing the CO Rockies and the Rockies won. There were 3 home runs pretty close to where we were sitting. Yankee fans are brutal though, yikes. My favorite part was trying to get into the stadium. The lady asked Clark to lift up the front of his shirt and to turn around and lift up the back to make sure he wasn't packing. EEEE...scary
We even got to meet up with friends while we were in town. My friend Megan and her husband Joseph live in Philly. Joseph is currently doing an internship in NYC and Megan comes to see him on the weekends. We met up for the Yankees game and to eat yummy, famous NY places.
Delicous $3 donuts. REALLY good
No comments:
Post a Comment