Our flight from Albany back to Chicago was late Monday night. We decided to take the time and stroll around Albany for the day. After asking the welcome desk ladies about getting to downtown Albany, we were off for our adventure.
First stop, public transportation. Boy did we meet a gem of a lady. She was our first bus driver. Yikes was she sassy and very chatty; telling us all about how she's getting paid 2.5x her regular pay and does 1/4 of the usual work day load, explaining that there was absolutely nothing to see in "small-bany", and about her daughter who goes to law school (we heard that story twice even).
For being the state capitol of New York, I would have to agree with bus lady that there wasn't much to see. It was a beautiful day though. The only part that stuck was the fact that we had to carry our luggage around.
We headed back to the airport a few hours early so Clark could get some studying in. After a few hours, he decided to take a nap. Being the kind wife that I was, I wanted him to get as much sleep as possible. Turns out, I let him sleep a little too long because we almost missed our flight. I just wasn't paying attention until Clark woke up and saw the time asking, "why haven't we borded yet." I walk to the gate, which was within sight, and walked up to the gate all calmly asking, "Are you guys boarding yet?" Stunned, shocked and with an aggrivated tone in his voice, the worker replies, "Are you kidding me, we are just about to close the gate, where have you been?!" I ran back over to Clark and quickly made our way onto the plane, just in the nick of time. Ooops, guess I should pay attention more to when we are boarding than Clark's ipod games.
No comments:
Post a Comment