I can't believe this actually happened. I mean I know they get older and stuff but it's surreal he's actually one. Overall, went by fast, but when I look at days, it was long (familiar to the mission for sure).
Connor thinks he is a big kid now for sure. If I am feeding him baby food mush and we are eating at the same time...not gonna happen. Whatever he sees older kids doing, he's there. He will only walk down stairs, so he sticks out his hand for you to help him down.
Connor loves fruit, his definite food of choice. Strawberries and mandarin oranges are his favorite. He'll eat almost everything though, some things just need a little more encouragement than others. If we act like we are eating it, he's all in. Now if I can just get him to stop throwing his food when he doesn't want it...
Connor is still very, very social. A few times he'll wonder off, then come grab my leg if someone approaches, but that is rare and far between. Clark has been working nights, which means baby doesn't get to see him much. The last week, everytime he left in the afternoon, Connor would cry when the door shut. It was really sad.
He's a terrible sleeper, I don't know what to do about that. It's frustrating and where I have the least patience with him. He ends up in bed with us usually around 4 or 5am. He takes 2 naps, but usually cries for 20 minutes then sleeps for 30. About enough time for me to shower and get dressed and maybe do the dishes if I'm motivated :)
I love him so much and still look at him sometimes and say to myself, I can't believe he's real and is mine. Here's to the next year of fun!
Thursday, April 10, 2014
One year old!!
Labels:
birthday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment