Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Top 10 Things Why I Love France...

...and why I'm going to be 50 lbs heavier when I get home :) (sorry if the formatting is off, difficult to do everything from the IPAD, all the options aren't available)
1. Grenadine Syrup. Like kool-aid, but WAY better and you just have to pour it straight into your water and drink. It's delicious.







2. I mean, who doesn't love a fresh baguette to eat every morning for the day.
3. I know we have this in the states, but it is not nearly as appreciated as it is here. Yumma!
4. Crepes - how I love thee when you are filled with such delicious things inside.

5. Chocolate. Ok, I know I shouldn't really be eating it, but it's really good - don't judge.
photo.JPG6. The place we live. We live on the top floor of this old house. And even though I can't ever unlock the door and the bed is unbelievably small, I'm very happy.
7. Everywhere we go kids are playing soccer in the streets, I love it. It was great being able to go to the local pub and watch the euro cup here. I was in heaven :)

8. The views/the sounds. Strasburg and France in general are beautiful. When I open my window, it's crazy to hear French and German everyday. Now if only I understood what people were saying. AND we have a neighbor who sings opera on a daily basis, hillarious really.

9. Biking. I do a lot of this in Chicago, but I fear for my life almost everytime I do ride there. It's much calmer here and I'm not even wearing a helmet (I WISH I could, trust me, but it wasn't an option when renting the bike)




10. Permanent vacation. I am still working for Orbit Medical, but not being in an office where people are harrassing me every minute of everyday and getting stressed to the max. The fact that I still have all my nails is a true sign that I'm much less stressed out here.

1 comment:

  1. helmet renting not an option?? what kind of establishments are you visiting

    ReplyDelete