Thursday, May 15, 2014

Montreal

A few weeks ago we went to Montreal. Clark had a week of vacation, so we decided to get away from Lawrence for a few days (I gladly agreed to that). This was actually my Christmas present from Clark. Despite being freezing, it was a fantastic trip. Connor in the hotel room, not so much. One morning he was running around naked with his diaper (mind you it's 5am) and he was making a poopy face.  Then proceeded to bolt away and pull his diaper off. Thus spreading poop all over the floor (of course this had to happen on my turn). While Clark watched him, he jumped in the suitcase and threw our clothes all over the hotel room. By day 2 I was on Pinterest looking for ideas on how to survive a hotel room with the baby.
It started to snow, so we stopped into Jim Hortons for some delicious hot chocolate.

Heading up to the top of Olympic Park

We went to the biodome and saw lots of animals.

We also rented bikes and went on a three hour bike ride. The helmet didn't last long on Connor unfortunately.

Cute baby and me.

The view of The biodome and Olympic tower.

On the way home we stopped by a sugar shack for lunch. We were so full afterwards. Clark absolutely loved the maple pie dessert.

This is inside the beautiful Cathedral in Montreal. It really was breathtaking. 

Crossing the border. Clark was so happy to be speaking French again.  I was so thankful that most people still spoke English. It was a very strange feeling. I felt like I was a little in France yet still in America. We are definitely going back here again, it was only a 4.5 hr drive. We loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment