Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving

Ya, this was supposed to have posted in December, but clearly it didn't.

While my baby sleeps in my arms, thought I would try and post a little about the holiday. We had lots of visitors in town. My friend Katie and Clark's sister Diane came thanksgiving day and a friend from northwestern, Nicki, came Saturday.

Clark luckily only had to work a half day Thursday, so that was nice, although he did work full days the rest of the week.
We met up with Clark's friends from the hospital for dinner and ate way to much food :) connor enjoyed his first turkey, but was done come pie time, maybe Christmas buddy.
Friday, Katie and I drove down to RI to see the mansions and coast. It was a great trip and Connor did fantastic, minimal crying in the car. It was cold but not miserable.
Saturday on the other hand was absolutely freezing, yikes! We all didn't the day in downtown Boston walking around and oh my, it was a bit nippy for me. Luckily Connor had a big puff suit on, so he was good. We saw Santa, no crying, but we didn't pay for pictures, so the people were VERY upset and threatened to call security...wow he was so upset. Katie snuck a photo. If he would have seen that, he would have threatened to take my child I feel like. We ate some yummy lobster and treats in the Quincy market, and checked out a few other things along the freedom trail.
That night we dropped Connor off at a friend's and did a ghost tour in Salem, ma. It was pretty fun, our tour guide was so dramatic. Luckily we saw no ghosts and it wasn't that scary (I think I would have peed my pants if anything fishy happened). The guide told us some crazy stories that have happened while giving tours. And lots of history about the witch trials. Overall, I would recommend it, although maybe do it in the summer when it's not frigid! Katie saved the day with hand warmers. I would like to go back and check out some of the museums.

No comments:

Post a Comment