Sunday, November 4, 2012
Catch Up...in 13 pictures
Ok, I know, I know, I know...yes I haven't blogged once since we came back from France, I'm sorry, I have a good excuse though. To redeem myself, here is a glimpse of what we have been up to the past 4 months.
1 and 2: BYU vs Notre Dame Football Game. Two of my friends from MN came in town and we rode triped with two friends from Chicago to South Bend, IN -- home of the Notre Dame football team. The weather was awesome, very nice for an October game in the midwest. Sadly, the Cougars lost, but we led most of the game until the 4th quarter. The fans were pretty nice, I only heard "F all mormons" once, so not bad.
3 and 4: Stupid car was broken into :( They stole everything from our trunk (mostly useful things if you had a car, nothing you can sell). They stole our air mattress though and that's what I'm mostly sad about. They attempted stealing our radio but couldn't get it out..HAHAHAHA. Don't worry they were caught on our apartments video survalence, but don't worry, the cops could have cared less. Direct quotes from them: "What do you want?" "We aren't CSI." "You will not get your stuff back." "This video survellance isn't going to be looked at." Wow, I love Chicago! The muffler finally broke through, I decided for $100 I would fix it...shouldn't have because it officially died and I'm through. Anyone want to buy a car that has a brand new muffler on it :)
5 and 6: Wright Family Reunion. About 2 days after I got home from France, my family had a reunion in St. Louis. Clark unfortunately couldn't come, but I had a great time. It was crazy at times, but it was great seeing the family.
7 and 8: Went apple picking in WI with 2 of our friends. It was nice weather, and the donuts were delicious (we ordered 3 dozens...there was 4 of us--we are gluttens!), but the apple picking was definitely not the highlight. The apples were terrible and mostly so high up on the trees I couldn't even pick them.
9: Chicago Air and Water Show. I would be so sick if I flew in one of those planes. They did some crazy looping.
10: dishes, dishes and more dishes. Ug - Clark and I are so lazy, then it turns into this, disaster, but I'm too sick and tired to care.
11: Happy Halloween! I didn't take any pictures of us (we were Newsies), only of my pumpkin that I carved at work.
12: Primary Program: for my church, I am in charge of the children ages 3-12. We work all year on learning songs and teaching them things about the church and Jesus. For one Sunday during sacrament meeting, the kids sing songs and give little talks about what they have learned. These are the kids...they are so cute and so fun....and make me tired most Sundays.
13: THE BIG EXCITEMENT - We came home from France and found out that we are expecting!!! Due date: April 1st. I have been unbelievably ill and puking my guts out, it's been miserable. I didn't even know some things were possible (I'll spare you the details). I mostly drag myself out of bed, go to work, and come home and go to bed, with numerous trips to the bathroom in between. I finally am slowing down in the puking aspect, so I feel like a human again and I have the energy to blog.
We find out in one week what the gender will be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sorry to hear you're so sick but I know what you're going through. I always puked my brains out until 20 weeks so hopefully there's an end to the pain and misery. I'm SOOOO excited for you guys. You will love being a mom. Don't ask Amy for any advice, she loves being pregnant and is never miserable. haha :)
ReplyDeleteSo....drum roll....are you going to share with your friends if it's a boy or a girl? or are you keeping it a secret?
ReplyDeleteAHHHHHHHH Shelly! Yay! I'm so excited for you guys! Do you know the gender?! Oh my, this just made my whole month! I'm sorry you're sick though - that sucks. Hopefully it will pass soon! Also - you're so pretty :)
ReplyDeleteI just can't tell you how happy this post makes me. Except the part that you were puking a lot, of course. :) Love ya, Shelly!
ReplyDelete